Publishers participating in our program are bound by the terms and conditions available at http://www.media.net/legal/tos. In addition, all publishers must read and comply with the policies provided below. Media.net reserves the right to change the policies at any time without prior notice to the publisher. The publisher understands that it is their sole responsibility to keep themselves abreast of all policies available here. Media.net reserves the sole right to warn, or without notice, terminate any publisher that is found in violation of these policies. Media.net may make exceptions to any of these policies at their sole discretion.
Our program is currently only open to website(s) with premium content that fulfill the criteria specified below:
- Contain significant amount of original content that is updated regularly and does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights
- Receive majority of their traffic from US / UK / Canada
- Contain content that is primarily in the English language
- Have a reasonable volume of visitors already using the website
- Do not contain excessive advertising
Site Structure: Publishers must have a content filled, navigation-friendly site design. Placement of our ads on blank web pages or on web pages with no content is not permitted.
Sites pertaining to the following shall not be approved:
- Software piracy (including but not limited to warez, torrentz, cracking, etc.), hacking, phreaking or other illegal downloads
- Free hosted pages
- Sites that contain hidden links and text
- Under construction, parked pages or pages without content
- Deceptive or manipulative content or construction of sites to improve search-engine ranking
- Sites that redirect traffic to another site other than ones specifically approved on the Program
- Promote activities generally understood as Internet abuse, including but not limited to, the sending of unsolicited bulk electronic mail or the use of spyware
Our program has been designed for sites with premium content. Sites that promote, contain, or link directly to the following types of content shall not be approved.
- Adult, Pornographic or any illegal content
- Tobacco, alcohol, ammunition, hazardous substances, illegal drugs, gore, violence, gambling and racism content
- Pages containing profanity or content that and/or discriminates or is offensive to any section of people
- Hate, violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization
- Sale of prescription drugs
- Sale of counterfeit products, imitations of designer or other goods, stolen items or any products that infringe intellectual property rights of other parties
- Contain programs which promote invalid click activity by paying users to clicking on ads, browse websites, read email etc.
- Websites that contain forums, discussion boards, chat rooms, or any content area that is open to public updates without adequate moderation
- Sites with content that has been generated using computer programs and hence may not be comprehendible.
- Bulk of the content is user-generated
- Sites with fake news
- Any other content that we believe in our sole discretion to be illegal
All impressions must be legitimate and clicks on ads must be genuine and made purely based on user interest. If at any time, we find the Publisher having employed any method to falsely inflate impressions or clicks or their traffic quality falls below our acceptable traffic quality standards or performed any act in violation of the Program policies, we, at our sole discretion, may suspend or terminate individual sites or Publisher accounts with immediate effect.
Invalid Traffic: Publishers shall not drive traffic to their sites through incentivized click programs, spam email marketing, paid-to-surf, autosurf, click-exchange programs, unwanted advertisements on third-party websites, toolbars and other unsolicited software downloads
Some specific prohibitions include (but are not limited to):
- Incentive Programs: Publishers may not offer any compensation or incentivize any person in any manner to view/click ads. Clicks made by the Publisher on his own ads will be considered invalid
- Misleading Users: Publishers shall not provide any text in or around the ad units, or include phrases that may mislead a user or encourage them to click the ads. Any ads that are disguised within the content and/or placed in a manner which cannot be distinguished from content are prohibited
- Deceiving Images: Placing images or thumbnails around the ad unit which may deceive a user is prohibited
- Automated clicks: Participating in or using any automated click and impression generating tools, use of bots, open proxies or software that can lead to false impressions and clicks.
Traffic Quality: We are extremely particular about traffic quality on our program as we believe that low quality traffic adversely impacts advertiser's interests. Our compliance and quality monitoring teams carry out comprehensive checks on an on-going basis to ensure high traffic quality standards.
Ad Code and Ad Placement Policies
Ad Placement: The Publisher may place the ad only on his site or the sites that were approved. Any revenue generated by the ads on unapproved sites will not be paid to the Publisher. Publisher may only place up to 3 ad tags per page on approved sites. Please consult a Media.net Ad Specialist for any assistance on ad placement.
Publishers shall not:
- Sell, rent, lease, sublicense, sub-syndicate, transfer, distribute or otherwise use or make available the ad tags or creatives or any copies thereof to any third party
- Place ads on non-approved websites or web pages, or in such a fashion that may be deceptive to the user
- Place ads in unapproved toolbars, software or applications
- Publishers are not permitted to refresh a page or an element of a page without the user requesting a refresh. This includes placing ads on pages or in placements that auto-redirect or auto-refresh.
- Place ads on under construction, parked pages or pages without content
- Stack ads in a manner that places advertisements on top of one another
- Cache or otherwise store the ads in any form or manner
- Deliver ad code via pop-ups and pop-unders
- Place ads in emails or newsletters
- Make modifications or in any way block visitor IP, referrer or page URL from being provided to Media.net
Ad Code manipulation:
The Publisher may not:
- alter the Ad Code in any way that changes the appearance of an ad, or manipulates the standard behavior, targeting or delivery of ads
- place the Ad Code in a iFRAME except with prior permission of Media.net. The Ad Code must be placed directly into the HTML source of the web page
- attempt in any way to alter, modify, eliminate, conceal, or otherwise render inoperable or ineffective the ad tags, source codes, links, pixels, modules or other data
- Load any software that can trigger pop-ups, redirect users to unwanted websites, modify browser settings or otherwise interfere with site navigation
Promotion Programs: Media.net may, at its sole and absolute discretion, run promotions, offers or bonus programs for select publishers. Media.net reserves the right to select and extend this offer to publishers based on its own discretion. The promotion programs may be time bound and Media.net shall have the sole discretion to withdraw any promotion program at any time without any prior notice.
Each publisher is eligible to receive a payout only once unless explicitly offered by Media.net in its promotion programs. All payouts shall be made in Media.net's sole and absolute discretion. All bonus payouts shall be subject to the Publisher adhering to the Terms and Conditions available at http://www.media.net/legal/tos and Program Guidelines available at http://www.media.net/legal/programguidelines.
Referral/Affiliate Program Policies
Media.net may, at its sole and absolute discretion, run referrals/affiliate programs ("Affiliate Programs") for select partners and publishers ("Affiliates"). Media.net reserves the right to select and extend the Affiliate Program to publishers and/or partners based on its sole discretion. The Affiliate Programs may be time bound and Media.net shall have the sole discretion to withdraw any Affiliate Programs at any time without any prior notice.
The following guidelines will be applicable for all Affiliate Programs:
- Media.net reserves the right to deny, refuse, or revoke participation of any Affiliate or the inclusion of any site referred to by an Affiliate, in the Program at any time in Media.net's sole discretion.
- It is the Affiliate's responsibility to ensure that the referrals sign up with Media.net using/clicking on their unique tracking URL provided by Media.net. Attribution of the referrals to an Affiliate shall be based solely on Media.net's tracking systems.
- Affiliates shall not refer sites that they own in full or in part.
- Affiliates shall not promote the "tagged" referral links via certain forms of indiscriminate advertising, commonly referred to as "spamming". Affiliates shall not obligate, or pressurize any third party (including End Users) to visit the visit or sign up on the Media.net website.
Media.net reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify the foregoing rules at any time. Media.Net reserves the right to take action against any person or entity that does not confirm to these rules.
All payments due to Publishers and/or Affiliates on our program will be made on a net 30 basis for accounts that have accrued at least $100 or more in earnings. For example, if the Publisher's unpaid earnings exceed $100 in March, the Publisher will receive the payment by the end of April. Payments are made via wire transfer or PayPal. Media.net reserves the right to withhold any payments due to the Publisher and/or seek a refund of monies already paid to the Publisher as a result of any non-compliance of any of our policies.
Please note: Media.net will only process payments of Publishers that have provided complete payment details by the 15th of the month where a payment is due. Payments of Publishers that have not provided complete payment details by the 15th shall be processed in the next applicable payout cycle.
Affiliate Program Payments
- Affiliates understand and acknowledge that all reports and records contained in the reporting dashboard are for reference purposes only and that all data contained therein may not be current or accurate at the time of Affiliate's review. The data contained in the reporting dashboard is subject to adjustments at any time by Media.net at its sole discretion. Media.net reserves the right to change or modify the methodology for calculating the affiliate payments due to Affiliate at any time at their sole discretion and/or correct any reporting errors.
- Media.net shall not be liable for any payment to Affiliate for any Site that is found to generate fraudulent impressions by any person, bot, automated program or similar device or for fraudulent clicks similarly generated on Media.net ads, as determined by Media.net. Media.net reserves the right to suspend any Publisher referred to Media.net by an Affiliate and consequently, withhold payment or seek a refund of any affiliate payment to be made to Affiliate in the event the Publisher referred to by the Affiliate is found to be fraudulent or violating any of Media.net's Terms and Conditions and/or Program Guidelines.